Monday, June 2, 2008

The AUMers are wonderful, with representatives from all over the USA, Auroville, and the Sri Aurobindo Ashram

AUM 2008 Blog Latest Updates RSS

prapanna 03:49:34 am on June 2, 2008 0 #
Greetings to All,
It’s the end of the day and about time to get some rest. I am in my room upstairs at Barclay with the sound of the AUM Choir enchanting the air from the hall below. The conference center is absolutely majestic and beautiful, with high, snow covered mountain peaks in view. The AUMers are wonderful, with representatives from all over the USA, Auroville, and the Sri Aurobindo Ashram. There are lots of new faces and many of the familiar ones. Thanks to Dave, Lynda, and Paula for putting together what looks like will be a wonderful Sangha for all of us.

Ned 08:17:51 am on June 1, 2008 0 # Tags: ,
Hi folks,
After an insanely hectic journey from Pakistan (where I was visiting my family), I’ve finally made it to Boulder and am staying with Cindy, a friend of Lynda’s who has graciously agreed to host me for tonight. We’ll be driving up to the YMCA tomorrow. It’s very dark right now so I can’t really see what Boulder is like, but I suspect it will look quite beautiful in the morning.
For those who don’t know yet, I’m the person maintaining the blog and will handle all queries/problems related to it. Please don’t hesitate to drop me an e-mail at ned (at) naqsh (dot) org if you’re having problems with blogging here and I’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.
I’m looking forward to meeting everyone in person soon. Dave, Lynda and all the others seem to have done a remarkable job. I especially resonated with Dave’s e-mail on the mailing list about how one of the purposes of this gathering is for us to experience each other’s presence — to let the mind still and the soul taste. May this year’s AUM be a spiritually uplifting and inspiring experience for all of us!

Ned 8:26 am on June 1, 2008 #
yogic hug, n. 1. a hug imbued with the aspiration for a deeper union with another.

2. an intimate embrace that is not dependent on physical touch, and yet is experienced as having a far more palpable and immediate intensity than a purely physical hug.

3. the realization that both self and other are constantly in the loving arms of the Divine.
I’m sure you can add a gazillion more interpretations!

+++

Recent Comments Tusar N. Mohapatra on Julie and I are on the road and we’re e …

No comments:

Post a Comment