Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It is the body that is in the soul and a result and derivation from the soul

Today, 08:13 AM Post #1 Junior VillagerGroup: MemberPosts: 103Joined: 18-February 07From: South PacificMember No.: 20183
Has anyone read a text called 'The hour of God' by Sri Aurobindo? It was published in the 50's. I discovered this as a child not long after my dad passed away and I guess as a way to feel closer to him began to read his books. This one remains one of my favorite spiritual texts. It preaches a spirituality that is attained through Yoga and 'becoming' one with the inner -self opening one's soul and eyes to the true universe in all of its connectedness... You can see the influence of his own Christian schooling in his writing, but he takes spirituality to the next level of inner and outer connectedness speaking about true-consciousness and connected planes of existence. I guess as in other Yogi teachings, its basically about the transcendence of worldly and material obsession to enlightenment. Another text written by him titled 'the divine life' has a wonderful excerpt on 'rebirth' and talks of alot of what we discuss here on GV. If you're interested see this link:
"All existence is a manifestation of God.... We imagine that the soul is in the body, almost a result and derivation from the body; but it is the body that is in the soul and a result and derivation from the soul." For those interested in Hinduism, I think the concept of Darshan (seeing) may be of particular interest. Enthralling stuff that I find myself drawn to again and again and somehow it opens me up to a peaceful, appreciative place... just thought I'd share...

No comments:

Post a Comment