Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am puke-sick from this kind of pretending to be objective writings. It is a sheer Falsehood

Re: Corrections to textual excerpts of The Lives of Sri Aurobindo by Peter Heehs
by Vladimir on Tue 14 Oct 2008 12:49 AM PDT Profile Permanent Link

Thank you Rick for your nice words and good will. I really appreciate it. I have finally read through all the passages with their explanations. I had to force myself to read through. And this is what I can say about them:

I never could imagine such a profound and aggressive ignorance masking itself in ‘truth’, presenting darkness as light and light as darkness. It is not about the facts, it is about the presentation of facts, the feeling and the suggestive emphasis on a particular interpretation.

All this is about the life of the one who brought us Knowledge and Hope. I am puke-sick from this kind of pretending to be objective writings. It is a sheer Falsehood.

What about these words then? - “Let us never forget, even for a moment, all that we owe to Thee!” Or they are just sentiments?...

Reply Re: Corrections to textual excerpts of The Lives of Sri Aurobindo by Peter Heehs
by Debashish on Tue 14 Oct 2008 01:56 AM PDT Profile Permanent Link

Vladimir, I'm sorry you had such a strong reaction from reading this and came to the conclusion "It is a sheer falsehood."

(1) Evidently it has not been helpful to you and

(2) you feel it cannot be helpful to anyone - quite the contrary.

Since you seem to be certain about your judgment, there is nothing more to say at this point. I may have suggested reading the entire book, but the excerpt-makers have been so successful that, like many others, you are likely to say - "no more, I've had enough."

Better to let it go for now. Yoga is a journey of growth. Unless you feel that your truth-perception is infallible, it is better to take one's own judgment with a pinch of salt (as the best practical light available to one at any time) and forget it. (Unless of course, you feel called upon from within to take arms and join the ranks of the truth-warriors). DB Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment