Tuesday, January 6, 2009

While BKS Iyengar is my teacher's guruji, Sri Aurobindo is his gurudev. We speak of the master's work often

Sri Aurobindo Moderators: Moderators Yoga > Philosophy and Religion
Shakuhachi Posted 2008-12-20 3:44 PM (#112451) Subject: Sri Aurobindo MemberPosts: 17

Anyone here read much of Aurobindo. I can only say that for me he has the answers to all my questions. It took me a while to appreciate him though. He has written so much and a great deal of is seems so "heady". But reading him is a meditation, not something to hurry through, rather something to ponder. And the great thing is that he has written so much there is almost no end to the reading. I am about half finished with The Synthesis of Yoga, 900 pages. I had always wished there was some sectret ancient book with all teh deepest insights and answer to the mystery of our existence. I beleive I have found that book though it is not really so ancient.
I would love to discuss it with others.

suryadaya Posted 2009-01-05 1:57 AM (#112723 - in reply to #112451) Subject: Re: Sri Aurobindo New UserPosts: 4

I just bought a book of his last week, but its the luggage lockup and I won't get it until two days from now when I leave! From what I have experienced, his teaching are at the base of many of the influences I have had, so I am excited to learn more!

purnayoga Posted 2009-01-05 2:40 AM (#112724 - in reply to #112451) Subject: Re: Sri Aurobindo Expert YogiPosts: 2310Location: Seattle, Washington

Thoughts and Aphorisms. I have several of his books and books of The Mother, who continued the work after he left the physical body. While BKS Iyengar is my teacher's guruji, Sri Aurobindo is his gurudev. We speak of the master's work often. The work is gargantuan in nature and Aurobindo himself was an influence beyond comprehension. Edited by purnayoga 2009-01-05 2:41 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment