Saturday, December 16, 2006

Rhizome, Matrix, and Holon

I'm working on a paper that elaborates my own view of holons and holonography at the moment. I'm leaning pretty heavily on Deleuze and Guattari, as well as Bourdieau, although it's not necessarily obvious when you see how I'm presenting it. It's work getting a paper published that has the word "integral" in it, so the clever man has to be clever about it (eh, G?).
The Matrix is fine and all, and lots of writers (Ken Wilber and Bob Thurman for two) have referenced it as a crystallization of whatever kinds of spiritual whatnot you may want to attribute to it, but I say if you want to understand what I'm doing and where I'm going with this integral stuff, check out The Science of Sleep. All those machines! And a sense of humor too...
I've seen this definition floating around without attribution for the word holon: "a holon is a historical event that makes other historical events inevitable." That's from wikipedia; if you snoop around, you can see it on discussion boards and bloggities and such. I've read some philosophy of history, but I've never seen this one outside of le monde Integrale. Any sources on this one? posted by DGA at 10:35 AM For The Turnstiles Daniel Gustav Anderson on Critical Theory and Integral Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment