"Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust does not approve and has nothing to do with the book entitled "The Lives of Sri Aurobindo" written by Peter Heehs and Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust is not any way responsible for the contents or the interpretations of the material contained therein."
"Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust is fully aware of its responsibilities and its actions are determined keeping in view the vision and values it is meant to uphold."
If it is true, certain points come forward to be answered by the Managing Trustee to the followers and devotees of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
1. If they do not approve the book and its contents, then at the initial stage who permitted Peter Heehs to publish the book?
2. once Dr. Dillip Dutta, one of the Trustees has favoured the book as good one referring views of two persons. Is it not contradictory to the present view of M.T.?
3. Drastic actions are being taken against the ashramites who speak against this book and Peter Heehs. But as a ashramite why action is not taken against Peter accordingly and why he is favoured by recommending to extend his visa?
It proves that The ashram Trust is playing the double game which is not at all acceptable. J N Samal.
1. the authorisation given to Peter Heehs by the Ashram Trust for publication of the said book in the Columbia University Press should be withdrawn by the Ashram Trust forthwith.
2. the recommendation of Ashram Trust to Home Department, Govt. of India to extend the visa of Peter Heehs on which the Home Dept. has extended his visa foe another one year should be immediately withdrawn by the Ashram Trust.
A well-planned attack on soul of Mother India and Indian Spirituality has been made by Peter Heehs and his supporters. The disciples, devotees and lovers of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother as well as true children of Mother India should therefore contemplate deeply on it and act accordingly to restore the prestige of the Master and the Mother. J N SamalKkk