Saturday, April 17, 2010

I decline to accept the 1993 edition of ‘Savitri’ as valid and authentic

From Jitendra Sharma aurofrance@gmail.com to "Tusar N. Mohapatra" tusarnmohapatra@gmail.com date 16 April 2010 19:07 subject Reply to S. Reply to S.
Dear Mr. S.,
              I am a devotee of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. I am not a devotee of Mr. Amal Kiran and Mr. Nirodbaran. Nobody is denying that these two devotees have done a lot of sincere work and have contributed immensely to the literary criticism of Sri Aurobindo.
           I rely solely on the judgements of the Mother. When the Mother opines that Mr. Nirodbaran has not understood ONE BIT of ‘Savitri’, I fully agree with her words of wisdom. The Mother had called Mr. Amal Kiran ‘imbécile’ because he always wanted to edit Sri Aurobindo. Mr. Amal Kiran has himself accepted that the Mother had called him ‘imbécile’.
Hence, I do not believe that the Mother would ever permit these two persons to edit ‘Savitri’. So, I decline to accept the 1993 edition of ‘Savitri’ as valid and authentic.
                I have personally known the Mother, Mr. Nirodbaran and Mr. Amal Kiran. For two years, Mr. Nirodbaran was my English Professor. I have due respect for him.
               I have neither time nor interest in ongoing politically-motivated discussions on the topic of editing ‘Savitri’.
                You may accept whichever edition of ‘Savitri’ you like. I refuse to accept the 1993 edition of ‘Savitri’. I am defending the Mother, not Mr. Nirodbaran and Mr. Amal Kiran.  Jitendra Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment