Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Debashish Banerji is a hardcore Leftist": Quite interesting indeed. Debashish cries foul when the Asuric label is used against Peter Heehs but now he is reusing the same label to justify his own opinions. Everything Debashish says is also a contested reality. Let him not be so cocksure lest he be proved wrong later.
The best way to understand Peter Heehs is to observe Rich Carlson. They are cut from the same cloth. One has put his opinions in a book and the other expresses those same opinions on that blog.
- They view the Mother as just a ordinary woman, an appendage to Sri Aurobindo and a non-intellectual who engaged in devotional theatrics.
- They look down upon the devotees as inferior and backward people.
- They trash the direct disciples for not having any critical thinking skills.
- They claim to be independent and objective (read that as opinionated) scholars.
- They claim to be practitioners of Integral Yoga though they refuse to accept another human being as their Guru.
- They (or their physical minded ego) refuses to accept many of Sri Aurobindo's statements derived from Yogic experience. Posted by Anonymous to Savitri Era at 7:24 PM, July 14, 2009
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Debashish Banerji is a hardcore Leftist": lets face it..the americans are stupid and complete idiots where spirituality is concerned...lets just call a spade a spade...This is what the Mother said in the Agenda.
Disciple "The Americans have so little discernment. They rush headlong at anything".
Mother : "Absolutely no discernment".
If we ask the Americans to leave Ashram and Auroville there will be peace all around. Moreover Peter Hees can start his own ashram with his new disciples. Posted by Anonymous to Savitri Era at 8:33 AM, July 15, 2009
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Debashish Banerji is a hardcore Leftist": True, one should call a spade a spade sometimes but we (not having Mother's awareness) should resist such extreme characterization. Rich Carlson is not representative of americans many of whom are very sincere. I believe he has little or no real affinity for Mother and Sri A. And if we characterize all americans as we would RC, then RC would have suceeded in misleading us. Posted by Anonymous to Savitri Era at 10:43 PM, July 15, 2009