Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My parents believe in Sri Aurobindo and his philosophy, however to me he is not a God

Bollywood News Bollywood Dev D is a commercial film as it is a love story, and everyone can relate to it. Besides, it is musically inclined and has an amazing sound track... So in a way this is really a very radical film.
I came back from London as I missed dal, chawal roti - Kalki Koechlin

She recently made her debut with the film Dev D, and hardly anything is known about her, this lass of French descent calls herself a Tamilian in white skin, she is in a live-in relationship with her director Anurag Kashyap and she has no qualms in speaking about it. She is none other than Kalki Koechlin. With her film Dev D just fresh from release Bollywood Hungama decided to get up-to-date with details about this soon to be rising star who is about to break into the film world. So folks here’s, Kalki in a conversation about her film, background and how she made it into the bad world of cinema sans a godfather.

Coming from a family that has a French lineage and are devotees of Sri Aurobindo what is your take on life, religion and current affairs?

My parents believe in Sri Aurobindo and his philosophy, however for me, even though I have grown up listening to the same, haven’t really been much of a follower though I like his point of view. To me he is not a God. While for religion I am still searching for one that will ground me firmly, as I have seen, heard and know a lot of things about various religions.

You call your self a Tamilian in white skin… why? I was born in a small village in Pondicherry and Tamil was the first language that I learnt, and later came in English, as for French I obviously know that language as my parents are French. However, when I go to France I feel out of place, and people ask me where I come from as I speak perfect French. I was born in a small village in Pondicherry and Tamil was the first language

No comments:

Post a Comment