Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Ashram is huge and has a wide range of personalities and views

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "There's been some "reverse name-calling" on SCIY":

Ashram Position? What does "Ned" mean by the term "Ashram Position". Well, she hasnt been to the Ashram has she? The Ashram is huge and has a wide range of personalities and views. There is no homogenous view. Neither does the Ashram indulge in making some statements to the public as far as we who have been in Pondicherry for number of years know.

She should desist from using the term Ashram position for the free opinions expressed by persons who might at some time or the other have been associated with the Ashram as an inmate or as a student or whatever. Precocious - people who dont know much but pose as though they know!! Sad! Posted by Anonymous to Savitri Era Open Forum at 11:19 PM, December 02, 2008

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "There's been some "reverse name-calling" on SCIY":

I am glad to see Ned take this stand. It reveals the push of her soul. The little I read that she had written on the auroconf clearly revealed an admiration and a whole hearted acceptance of Sri Aurobindo. Later I felt that she sold out both her soul and loyalty to SA to the point of even being embrassed to acknowledge her turning - even love - for SA. She became a pseudo intellectual just like the others on that site. She has paid a "price" to gain recognition from these people who I am not even sure have anything more than a luke-warm intellectual admiration for SA. This is how influence can be so pernicious. Posted by Anonymous to Savitri Era Open Forum at 3:35 AM, December 03, 2008

1 comment:

  1. I have been staying in Pondicherry for almost 18 years. I am here because I am a devotee. I am not an Ashramite and am independant. I do some voluntary work for a small department. When I arrived here, I saw how imperfect the Ashramites were and used to complain and whine about them. Through the years, I have realized how difficult it is to be an Ashramite and live here. I have started becoming more and more silent when it comes to judging them. One elderly Sadhak told me that the real treasures in the Ashram are unseen, hidden and are hardly accessible. It is sheer divine Grace that I came in contact with one or two such persons in the Ashram. They are unknown. They are humble. Meeting them and being with them always energized me; made me deep and calm. They are not perfect in several ways. But I was filled with respect for the way they faced their difficulties and kept their faith in what Mother and Sri Aurobindo taught. I realized that I hardly know any one in the Ashram in a deeper sense. Their inner life is not for me to interpret. Living in the cave of silent respect towards the Ashram and the inmates, I have benefited tremendously and learnt a lot. Storms have come and gone (literally) - remember the Tsunami too and the cyclone of 2000. The Ashram only becomes stronger as a spiritual institution and is a fountain of knowledge, energy and the enduring presence of Mother and Sri Aurobindo. I am filled with anguish about how people who haven't been within miles of Pondicherry speak with such audacity about the Institution which Mother built. I do hope this person Ned will one day come and listen to even the walls and floors of the Asram buildings speak about the wonderful story of Mother and Sri Aurobindo. One should not denigrate or speak ill of the Ashram. It is a paradise and a veritable civilizational heritage of humanity. Leave it alone. I plead as a person who is neither intellectual nor so spiritual - but a simple person trying to progress.

    ReplyDelete