Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sri Aurobindo Ashram Management is not following legal norms

nandivarman.rediffiland.com/ Saturday 5 July, 2008

BOX ITEM I
Going about the status of cases against SAAT and trustees from the year 1986 onwards, it is alleged that 65 cases came about out of which many are still pending in High Court, Supreme Court and Chief Judicial Magistrate, Pondicherry and various other Courts.

A very interesting case in question is that of a pious devotee, who had left his home and hearth in Vishakapattinam to perform sadhana to Sri Aurobindo and Mother, but now unfortunately is in the hit list of the Ashram trustees.

BOX ITEM II

Later, in order to probe further in the Raghavan Chettiar house scam in 1999, CID sleuths recorded Sec.161 Cr.P.C. statements from Raghavachary.

Interestingly, the Pondicherry CID Police who were reluctant to register even FIR in the Raghavan chettiar case were forced to do so by the direction from the Madras High Court, Manoj Das Gupta the present Managing Trustee of the Ashram, whose name figured in the FIR, was droped out when CID Police filed the charge sheet recently C.C. No. 170/2005, in spite of material evidences against him. [Courtesy: News Pondicherry]

THAT IS 2005 : IN 2008 BEER BOTTLE MISSILE ATTACK ON HIS HOUSE

June 30, 2008
From:

PP RAGHAVACHARY,
Advocate-Inmate of Sri Aurobindo Ashram
S/o PP Sriramachary
I Floor, No.15, Sri Aurobindo Street,
Pondicherry-605 001

To
The Station House Officer
Grand Bazaar P.S.
Pondicherry-605 001

Sub:- Attempt to commit murder, Criminal intimidation of threatening to kill- assault and grievous hurt–causing damage to property-by throwing sealed beer- bottles by some persons.-Reg
I am an Advocate and also an inmate of Sri Aurobindo Ashram and I have been residing at the accommodation provided by the Ashram, at First Floor, No. 15, Sri Aurobindo Street, Pondicherry-605001. Since I am a lawyer, I was assigned work in the Ashram legal department in the year 1998. I submitted my resignation on 05.02.2002 withdrawing from the work in the legal department assigned to me for the reasons that the Ashram Management is not following legal norms and ever since then I have been working in the Ashram Dining Room. Subsequent to my resignation, the Hon’ble Madras High Court in Crl. O.P. No. 23831 of 2000 filed by one R.K. Shelvarajan directed IGP of Pondicherry to register a case after receiving of a complaint of the said R.K. Shelvarajan. Based on such complaint a case was registered by CID of Police in Crime No. 2 of 2003 and the names of Murugavel, Joint Sub Registrar and Manoj Das Gupta, Managing Trustee of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust had figured in the FIR. CID Police had summoned me and interrogated me in Crime No. 2 of 2003. I gave a statement u/s Sec. 161 of Cr.P.C. Mr. Manoj Das Gupta had obtained bail from the Hon’ble Sessions Judge in Cr.M.P. No. 1301 of 2004 in Crime No. 2 of 2003 registered by CID of Police, Pondicherry. Thereafter, my life was under severe threat and to protect my life I was forced to leave Pondicherry. I gave several complaints to Lt. Governor, Chief Secretary and IGP of Pondicherry through faxes. The Ashram Trustees broke-open my house and committed house-breaking, theft criminal intimidation and I filed a private Complaint, in C.C. No. 173 of 2004 for commission of offences of house breaking, theft, criminal intimidation of threatening to kill me with the conspiracy of several other accused who are trustees and members of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram. Presently Crl.R.C. No. 1601 of 2005 preferred by me is pending before the Madras High Court. I am also the de-facto complainant in C.C. No. 16 of 2006 in Crime No. 297 of 2005 registered by Grand Bazaar P.S. for the commission of offences under sec. 506(2) of IPC in which the said Vasant Kumar Pati and Nirmal Swain of Sri Aurobindo Ashram were accused persons. Another crime No. 164 of 2006 was registered by the Grand Bazar P.S. based on the complaint given by me that the Godrej Padlock put on the Balcony Door facing north was damaged with dents, cuts and bends on the door latch and several cut marks on the wooden frame of the balcony door.
Challenging forcible dispossession and other uncivilised acts, I filed O.S. No. 156 of 2004 on the file of Principal District Munsif at Pondicherry against Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust and its Trustees and in the said suit the Hon’ble Court had granted interim mandatory injunctions in I.A. Nos. 660 of 2004, I.A. No. 661 of 2004 and I.A. No. 1344 of 2004 and restored possession, restored personal effects and restrained the Ashram Management from withdrawing facilities of food and shelter and other basic facilities enjoyed by me as an inmate of the ashram.
Yesterday i.e., 29.06.2008 at about 10.20 p.m. while I was working on the computer which is 5 to 6 feet away from my balcony window in the 1st Floor at No. 15 Sri Aurobindo Street, Pondicherry-605001, I heard the sound of bursting of bottles and my right side window glass broke into pieces and fell in the sofa where I usually sit. Soon, I tried to approach near the window I heard the sound of another bottle whirled. In this regard, I suspect that some Ashram persons who are close to the Ashram Management must have done such a criminal act. There are certain habitual offenders like Vasant Kumar Pati (aged 56 years) Ashram Inmate, ‘Maret Garden, No. 1 Nethaji Nagar, Uppalam Main Road, Pondicherry could have committed such a crime on instigation from the Ashram Trustees. The said Vasant Kumar Pati has previous enmity against me in the house-breaking case filed by me in C.C. No. 173 of 2004 which is now pending before the Hon’ble Madras High Court in Crl. R.C. No. 1601 of 2005. Besides the said Vasant Pati is a habitual offender and was involved in several cases in Crime No. 64 of 1997 registered by Odian Salai P.S. for the commission of offences of forgery, cheating and conspiracy, C.C. No. 233 of 2005 in Crime No. 202 registered by Odian salai P.S. on the file of Hon’ble CJM at Pondicherry, Crime No. 28 of 2004 registered by Central Crime Branch, Saint Thomas Mount, STR No. 4900 of 2005 Crime No. 31 of 2005 registered by Muthialpet P.S. The said Vasant is also believed to be involved in some cases at Villuppuram and other places also. The motive behind attacking me is to remove the hurdle for the Ashram Trustees and to show his loyalty and to protect the Ashram Trustees and others by and against whom several cases numbering to about 163 were filed so far.
I earnestly request you to take appropriate action against the offenders.
Thanking you, Yours faithfully, (PP RAGHAVACHARY)
[ Police Register FIR and leading Tamil daily Thina Thanthi Reported]Category:
Blogs Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment