Sunday, December 2, 2007

Can we know the truth from the events on the surface?

The Afro-Asian Students Conference following the great Conference of Afro-Asian leaders who formulated the famous Panchsheel. It had no direct impact on my creativity, but it changed my attitude to reality. In the 20th Congress of the Soviet Communist Party, Khrushchev described the horrors perpetrated by Stalin who, for us, was the very symbol of justice. The report shocked and bewildered me. Had I died before the 20th Congress, I would have rested with the trust that Stalin could do no wrong. Can we know the truth from the events on the surface? The questions broadened the scope of my quest. Literary Review www.hinduonnet.com

Manoj Das has to his credit about 40 books in English and an equal number in his mother tongue. A critic, columnist, educationist and a devoted student of mysticism and Integral Yoga, he lives in Pondicherry and is a Professor of English Literature at the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment