Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We fragment things because we exist at a lower vibration of consciousness and reality

Separation is illusion Posted on Apr 16th, 2007 by Annisa Funny how the day goes. I woke up this morning thinking about the concept of “following your passion.” Kept up a running inner monologue all the way to work about hedonism, epicureanism, stoicism, beauty and the pursuit of beauty, and existential angst. I jotted down a few notes to explore further. I thought about it off and on all day, then just when I sat down to write about it tonight, all earlier thoughts flew out of my head and I found myself thinking about Sri Aurobindo and his teachings of Integral Yoga. I found a passage that I had underlined in one of my favorite books, The Holographic Universe, and thought I'd share it with you.
“According to Sri Aurobindo, one of the most important things one learns in 'the great and luminous kingdoms of the Spirit,' is that all separateness is an illusion, and all things are ultimately interconnected and whole. Again and again in his writings he stressed this fact, and held that it was only as one descended from the higher vibrational levels of reality to the lower that a 'progressive law of fragmentation' took over. We fragment things because we exist at a lower vibration of consciousness and reality, says Sri Aurobindo, and it is our propensity for fragmentation that keeps us from experiencing the intensity of consciousness, joy, love, and delight for existence that are the norm in these higher and more subtle realms.
Just as (David) Bohm believes that it is not possible for disorder to exist in a universe that is ultimately unbroken and whole, Sri Aurobindo believed the same was true of consciousness. If a single point of the universe were totally unconscious, the whole universe would be totally unconscious…” From The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot, 1991, pp. 264-5 Access: Public Add Comment Print Send views (25)

No comments:

Post a Comment