Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not everyone is right, but there’s room for healthy differences and many different takes

joe perez Says: April 9th, 2007 at 10:44 pm Thanks for the mention, Edward, though I’m not sure what you’re referring to w/o a cite. Perhaps in a blogosphere discussion/forum at one point I observed that I could not find printed descriptions of indigo. So perhaps that it the statement of mine that you have referenced? If so, that’s fine.
Since writing that, I have continued to research Wilber, Aurobindo, etc. for statements regarding higher altitude stages. I’m not saying the definitions aren’t out there, only that I haven’t found (all of) them. I have written my own descriptions of the major words and phrases associated with the higher altitude stages, but have not attempted to formalize these associations into a comprehensive theory.
All of that is a minor side issue to the core discussion on altitude here. I’ll lurk for a while later and may choose to respond as the discussion continues. Here and now, I would simply stress the point that theoreticians defining altitude is like physicians defining health or artists defining beauty. Not everyone is right, but there’s room for healthy differences and many different takes. Including Wilber’s, whose writings on the subject make the most sense to me of all theorists I’ve read at this stage of my own development.

No comments:

Post a Comment