Sunday, March 18, 2007

Love and Death was so amazing and real that I cried

Lisa said... "No body crosses the phoenix line lest it be repossessed and amortized -- yes, both amor- and amortized, love and death. "
Syncoonicity strikes again! Just yesterday I decided to see what all this fuss was over Sri Aurobindo so I found Love and Death. Before I had a chance to read it, I was stricken by a migraine of severe proportions. The kind that makes you wish for either sleep or death, whichever comes first! Thank God sleep came first a mere 12 hours later. Gotta kvetch a little, but it does really make you appreciate being healthy or close to it.
Anyhoo, woke up around midnite and went back to computer. I am going to admit right here and now that I am not a huge fan of poetry, more my problem than the poems! Well, was I wrong! First the TV becomes obsolete, now I like poems, what the heck is happening here?!
Love and Death was so amazing and real that I cried and then made myself stop so my headache wouldn't come back. Having experienced enough of a life to realize that happiness and love cannot exist without pain and death was once again imprinted in my soul after reading this poem. Letting myself feel both extremes of the emotional spectrum lately has been interesting because I would try to deny the painful side when I was younger. Not that I'm old and wise now, just not so stupid and naive which is always a plus. wv: luhmneh, sure is enlightening! 3/17/2007 08:30:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment