Friday, January 26, 2007

Future possibilities these technologies hold

Re: The ultimare cathedral as Matrimandir 1.0 (virtuality, imagination, darshan) Rich Wed 24 Jan 2007 11:53 AM PST Actually ultimare would be a nice word play combining ultimate + nightmere, but I am not that clever, in fact admittedly I have been quite clumsily plodding along here yet revising again the article, as I continue to try to find suitable language to explore the implications. I guess I'm also still unclear about the future possibilities these technologies hold, and what it all means - if anything- to a collective yoga. I started out with a tongue and cheek scifi perspective although as the implications that these technologies may have for us collectively came into sharper focus, have begun to become a bit more concerned. rich
Re: The ultimate cathedral (Conf. at Arco?) rjon Thu 25 Jan 2007 03:38 PM PST You raise such important questions in this article Rich, and it keeps improving as you revise it. I think this could be the subject of a conference, perhaps at the next AVI-USA general meeting? Want to co-create it with me? Any ideas where best to hold it? One possibility might be Arcosanti. It would be nice to honor Paolo while he's still healthy. Perhaps we could interest Michael Gosney to get involved, kind of like the old days when we used to do the Paradox Conferences at Arco. When will you be home? I miss our video conferences. Warmest, ~ ron

No comments:

Post a Comment