Thursday, December 14, 2006

New theories of contemporary science and Sri Aurobindo

Re: Instruments of Knowledge and Post-Human Destinies
by rjon on Wed 13 Dec 2006 06:04 PM PST Profile Permanent Link
I just posted a portion of Chap. 5 of "Trialogues at the Edge of the West" which I think may relate to this fascinating discussion. My hope is that some of the new theories now surfacing in contemporary science may provide added perspective on the wisdom presented both in traditional Hindu and Buddhist texts and in Sri Aurobindo's more recent writings. For example, the initial section of Chap. 5, "Light and Vision" that I quote below raises some interesting ideas about the possible relationship between light, perception, mind and consciousness. Respectfully, ~ ron
by RY Deshpande on Wed 13 Dec 2006 09:19 PM PST Profile Permanent Link That's excellent. But let me first complete this part of the story, if it can be completed soon. I also hope that the new theories will take care of this mystic-spiritual perspective possessing a truth of the spirit which, after all, is spreading itelf in manifestation. RYD

No comments:

Post a Comment