Thursday, December 7, 2006

I'm a relatively late arrival to the integral party

Monday, December 04, 2006: I'm a relatively late arrival to the integral party, so I'm still catching up on several years of blog reading. (Incidentally, will someone please explain to me why I keep seeing references to Wyatt Earp or "Earpy" vis a vis Ken Wilber?) Anyway, this essay works nicely for me. I'm not really interested in Dewey or Pierce so much, but I will be reading more of Dallman's work. A relevent quotation for those of us who seek out punchlines as moments of integration: "I shant stop laughing at how absurd [Wilber's] entire online presentation is, and how false his scholarly bravado and moxie ring; because it is pretty funny if you ask me." Edit: I agree with Dallman's thesis here, but totally disagree with his reading of Derrida. C'est la vie, we're Deleuzians, post-Marxists, in this blog anyway. posted by DGA at 1:38 PM For The Turnstiles Daniel Gustav Anderson on Critical Theory and Integral Theory, 3 Comments:
WH said... The Wyatt Earpy reference is about a post K-Dub put up in June that many of us felt was rude, crude and integrally unacceptable -- a kind of "wild west" response to some of his critics, and many one-time friends (including Frank Visser and Don Beck). Many other people thought it was laugh-out-loud funny and totally "second tier. "KW then spent the next two or three weeks posting follow-ups that tried to clean up the mess -- and make those of us who disliked the post feel that we were wrong and projecting our shadow stuff onto him. It was a load of, uh, fun. Read it here. Welcome to integral blogging -- I've added you to my feeds. And -- you were right about Fred Durst on "Behind Blue Eyes."Peace, Bill 3:39 PM
DGA said...
Thanks, Bill--much appreciated. 5:08 PM
Joe Perez said...
I'd be curious to hear how you can "agree with Dallman's thesis" but then "totally disagree" with his reading of Derrida, because MD's thesis--that all theory is "vile" and "infernal" when applied to the Humanities--applies equally to integral theory and Derrida. And Marx and social criticism and... every other theory, except of course the Socratic Method and "The Scholarly Method." If you can explain your agreement/disagreement, it would make a fine blog post some day. and once again, welcome 5:35 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment